2016 – 2017
Please download our PE and Sport Action plan PE Action Plan 2016-2017
Please download our PE and Sport Action plan 2015-2016 PE Action Plan
The school has received £8409 of additional funding for improving the quality of PE and Sports The school will use this funding to
- Extend deep water swimming opportunities for UKS2 pupils.
- Increased use of school grounds for active outdoor learning opportunities to model, develop and improve healthy lifestyles beyond school.
- Extend school grounds to the rear of the school to provide levelled surface area for variety of PE options and community recreational use outside of school day.
- Purchase of flip cameras to support assessment in PE
- Develop links with local clubs / sports providers.
- Release time for Subject Leader to support training of new staff.
- Release time for PE subject Leader to attend courses, plan sporting events, further develop new curriculum plans and assessment, monitor and improve quality and range of PE provision.
- Release teachers to attend specialist PE courses
- Support weekly Forest Schools sessions for Oak and Willow Classes.
The school received £8360 of additional funding for improving the quality of PE and Sports.
The school used this funding on
- Specialist PE teacher to work alongside KS1 teacher to plan, and teach high quality PE lessons
- Purchase of sports equipment for use in PE lessons and playtimes: Junior basketball rings, Basketball post. Hurdles.
- New playground markings to promote increased variety of games accessible to children during recreation times.
- Pay for participation in cluster based competitive sports including cost of transport
- Specialist tuition fees for alternative sporting experiences eg Tai Chi
- Subsided cost for Y6 climbing and deep water swimming day
- Pay for qualified swimming instructor.
- Release time for PE subject Leader to attend courses, plan sporting events, develop curriculum plans, monitor and improve quality of PE provision.
- Gained Sainsbury’s Bronze Games Award
- Greater choice and amount of sports activities.
- All pupils improved swimming ability during summer half term sessions using school’s pool.
- Maximum use of equipment by majority of pupils.
- Increased physical activity during recreation times.