The Local Governing Body of Hartest School aims to ensure that Hartest Church of England School maintains a broad and balanced curriculum, promoting progress and achievement for all pupils within a distinctly Christian School.
- All governors on the Local Governing Body are enthusiastic volunteers and their main focus is to try to ensure that Hartest C of E Primary School is the best school it can be for every pupil who attends.
- Hartest School is very fortunate to have governors who bring a wide range of skills to the governing body that are very useful in the strategic leadership and management of the school.
- Governors work closely with the Headteacher and all the staff. They monitor data which they analyse to see how the school is performing. They also analyse the finances and try to ensure that monies spent are used as efficiently as possible.
- Through being on the governing body all governors gain an in depth knowledge of the school.
- Governors have to work within a budget which is set by the Diocesan Multi Academy Trust.
- A Governor is not the same as a volunteer helper who may come into the school and help on a regular basis, although obviously they can do this too.
- Governors take different roles within the committee, based on their expertise and interest, for which they also receive training.
- Some governors have specific roles to cover such as SEND, Safeguarding and Link Governor.
- The Local Governing Body meets twice a term. Items on the agenda can be working on the School Development and Improvement Plan, budget monitoring, discussing pupil scores, papers on national issues and the approval of Educational visits. They also discuss the Headteacher’s report which gives them day to day information on the running of the school.
- Governors have a vital role to play in the effective running of the school.
The Local Governing Body is overseen by the MAT Trustees. More information can be found at St Edmundsbury and Ipswich MAT Governance
If you are interested in becoming a governor, please either contact the school or look on the Suffolk County Council website (www.suffolk.gov.uk), where you will find further information.
Here you can find out more about your school governors and the work of the school’s Local Governing Body.
Our Governing body is made up as follows:
Chair of Governors
Mrs Cheryl Morgan
Mrs Amanda Woolmer
Mrs Victoria Gentry– Head of School
Mrs Emma Long
Miss Isobel Burroughs
Diocesan governors are those who are responsible for the Church link, as Hartest is a Church of England Primary School. The Diocese is responsible for electing these governors.
Mrs Philippa Gladstone
Mrs Karen Temple-Nidd
Mrs Melinda Miller
Mrs Pat Cawston
Mr Andrew Blit
Mr John Watts
Meeting Dates for 2021-2022
There are at least six meetings held across the school year. These meetings are clerked:
- Wednesday 13th October 2021
- Monday 29th November 2021
- Wednesday 19th January 2022
- Wednesday 28th April 2022
- Wednesday 11th May 2022
- Wednesday 13th July 2022
In addition, sub-committees meet regularly together and report back to the LGB.
We like to hear from you if you have either praise or concerns.
- Ringing the school and ask that a governor returns your call, 01284 830343.
- Writing a letter ‘For the attention of the Governors’, and send it via the school office.
- Email the Chair of Governors – firstname.lastname@example.org
Your views are really important and help us to run the school effectively.